With memories of 2001 buried away, Serena and Venus Williams will finally play at Indian Wells
CLOSE Serena Williams returned to Indian Wells in 2015.
It was supposed to happen 17 years ago. It's happening tonight.
Sisters Serena Williams and Venus Williams will (barring something unforeseen) play each other at 7 p.m. at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in the third round of the BNP Paribas Open.
It's the 29th time the two have played against each other in a professional event, but this one carries with it more gravitas. And that's because of the series of events that have taken place during and since that fateful 2001 tournament.
The walkover, the boos, the fist shake, the win, the... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world
- 18:52 Trump claims Gov. Cuomo told him he wouldn't run against him
- 18:42 Gun issued to gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez goes missing
- 16:47 Santa Fe shooting prompts jump in number of Texas school marshals,...