With memories of 2001 buried away, Serena and Venus Williams will finally play at Indian Wells
CLOSE Serena Williams returned to Indian Wells in 2015.
It was supposed to happen 17 years ago. It's happening tonight.
Sisters Serena Williams and Venus Williams will (barring something unforeseen) play each other at 7 p.m. at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in the third round of the BNP Paribas Open.
It's the 29th time the two have played against each other in a professional event, but this one carries with it more gravitas. And that's because of the series of events that have taken place during and since that fateful 2001 tournament.
The walkover, the boos, the fist shake, the win, the... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...