With new PGA Tour pro-am rule in place, most pros will only play nine holes
A new PGA Tour rule regarding player participation in pro-ams makes its debut at the Annexus Pro-Am on Wednesday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
It's called a "9&9" format, which means most tour pros will be playing just the front nine and different tour pros will appear on just the back.
The specific rule states: "A tournament hosting a pro-am with four amateurs may request to utilize an alternate format whereby one professional plays the first nine holes and a second professional plays the second nine holes. ... Professionals will have the option to request 18... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today