With Texas runoff numbers still low, Dem governor candidates heat it up
AUSTIN — As early voting in the primary runoff elections ends Friday, Democrats and Republicans alike are scouring the numbers for patterns and trends they hope will show their candidates have momentum with voters.
By Thursday, turnout remained low in most areas statewide — meaning that without an unlikely surge of last-minute voting, most races will be basically determined by the time polls open Tuesday for Election Day balloting.
“The numbers so far show that turnout in this runoff will probably be a little low overall — low for the Republicans who don’t have any races in many areas, and... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump