Wolf throws 4 scoreless for Mariners
PEORIA, Ariz. -- Randy Wolf pitched four scoreless innings as the Seattle Mariners and San Diego Padres played to a 5-5 tie Tuesday night.
Wolf, who did not play last season after having Tommy John surgery in 2012, scattered two hits and two walks, while striking out three on 73 pitches.
San Diego starter Josh Johnson also pitched well, throwing 4 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run on three hits, two walks and five strikeouts.
Seattle infielder Brad Miller took advantage of Johnson's only miscue, hitting his fourth homer of the spring in the third inning.
Miller, battling Nick Franklin... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing