Woman checks spam folder, finds out she won $150K
(NEWSER) – For those of you who blindly delete the emails that get sent to your junk folder, witness the story of Helen Garner.
The Australian writer checked the contents of that folder last week and read one that smacked of a hoax: A Yale University employee had "good news" and needed her phone number, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
It turned out to be the real deal, what Australia's ABC describes as "one of the richest literary awards in the world." Yale was trying to convey the good news that Garner's nonfiction writing had won one of nine Windham-Campbell Prizes... read more
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced