Woman flying to see dying mother kicked off United flight
A Colorado woman missed the chance to see her dying mother after an online travel agency canceled her ticket just before her flight departed.
Carrol Amrich learned on January 16 that her 80-year-old mother Dixie Hanson was hospitalized in Minnesota.
But minutes before the plane was about to take off, a United Airlines agent told her she had to get off the plane.
"I knew at that time I’d never see my mother again," she said.
What happened?Amrich couldn't afford a plane ticket for the thousand-mile journey from Pueblo to Minneapolis, so her landlord bought a $585 United Airlines... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...