Woman hit, killed by vehicle after running into Phoenix street
A woman was hit and killed after running into a Phoenix street on Wednesday evening, police said.
The collision happened near 36th Street and Southern Avenue when she was struck and killed by a vehicle, Phoenix police Sgt. Jonathan Howard said.
The driver remained on the scene and there were no early signs of impairment, Howard said.
The area was closed off as the investigation continued Wednesday night.
No further details were immediately available.
2 killed, 3 injured in head-on crash in Phoenix
Security guard fatally shoots man in Phoenix
Man caught with Fentanyl-laced pills... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'