Wozniacki, Stosur, Venus reach third round in Charleston
Former champions Caroline Wozniacki and Sam Stosur were a pair of easy second-round winners Wednesday at the Family Circle Cup tennis event, while Venus Williams advanced despite receiving a tougher test in her match.
The second-seeded Wozniacki, who only entered this tournament Saturday when a scheduled trip to Haiti with boyfriend Rory McIlroy was postponed, blew past Spaniard Silvia Soler-Espinosa 6-1, 6-1 in a mere 59 minutes, while the third- seeded former U.S. Open titlist Stosur whipped New Zealand's Marina Erakovic 6-1, 6-2 on the green clay at Daniel Island Tennis Center.
Wozniacki... read more
- 22:57 Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional