Wren says Braves will continue to evaluate Tommy John protocols
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- With Kris Medlen undergoing his second Tommy John surgery Tuesday, and Brandon Beachy facing the prospect of doing the same, Atlanta Braves general manager Frank Wren has acknowledged the club will continue to evaluate how it treats and rehabilitates pitchers with torn elbow ligaments.
"When you start to see a cluster of similar results, you start thinking," Wren said. "You question everything."
That would encompass everything from the Braves' practices of treating and rehabilitating pitchers to their pitching mechanics and their workload.... read more
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 19:10 UT ready to sell 300 acres of Houston land
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...