Wrongful-death lawsuit revisits 2011 Coronado mansion hanging death
SAN DIEGO — Sheriff's investigators concluded that the 2011 hanging of a woman at a Southern California mansion was a suicide, but a civil wrongful-death lawsuit going to trial this week blames her wealthy boyfriend's brother.
The lawsuit was filed by the mother and sister of 32-year-old Rebecca Zahau, who was the girlfriend of pharmaceuticals executive Jonah Shacknai — former CEO and founder of Scottsdale-based Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. — the San Diego Union-Tribune reported Monday.
Zahau was the only adult known to have been present two days earlier in the mansion in the beach resort... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...