‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No. 8 in 3A) to its best start.
“Nura has a chance to be very special,” Crusaders... read more
- 18:39 Mylar balloons in power lines trigger outages in Gilbert
- 18:37 Coaches, players, writers reflect on impact coach Jesse Parker left
- 18:37 D-Backs Game Day: No J.D. Martinez or Paul Goldschmidt in lineup vs...
- 17:30 Democrats herald agreement on sweeping Russia sanctions bill
- 17:05 Cardinals Training Day: Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald won't play...
- 17:00 N.Y. pays $10,440 to restore FDR's Packard
- 16:47 Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets
- 16:08 Funeral services for Payson-area flash-flood victims begin Monday
- 15:58 Chip Ganassi would love Kyle Larson to run the 500, Larson has some...
- 13:43 Protesting a coffee house over gentrification fears is silly — and...