‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No. 8 in 3A) to its best start.
“Nura has a chance to be very special,” Crusaders... read more
- 02:34 Trump steps to forefront of anti-abortion movement
- 01:56 $5,000 reward offered for return of French bulldog puppies stolen...
- 01:56 3 women arrested soon after Avondale serial killing are accused of...
- 01:53 Kings can't handle Penguins, and suffer their fifth straight loss...
- 01:51 Year-old 'resistance' now sets sights on the ballot box
- 01:51 Pence has long pushed for Trump policies on Israel
- 01:33 China's birthrate dropped despite allowing 2-child families
- 00:00 Turnovers, poor shooting doom Michigan in 72-52 loss to Nebraska
- 23:00 Phoenix police link 9 murders within hours using in-house technology
- 22:57 Mother: Care denied daughter left in cold in hospital gown