Xi calls for calm after Trump says US is 'locked and loaded'
President Donald Trump says North Korea's leader will "regret it fast" if he threatens or acts against Guam, or any other U.S. territory or ally. (Aug. 11)
Media: Associated Press SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Chinese President Xi Jinping made a plea for cool-headedness over escalating tensions between the U.S. and North Korea in a phone conversation with U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday, urging both sides to avoid words or actions that could worsen the situation.
The call came after Trump unleashed a slew of fresh threats against North Korea on Friday, declaring the U.S.... read more
- 21:44 Why Colts QB Andrew Luck is relieved about the condition of his...
- 21:10 U.S. says North Korea canceled planned meeting with VP Pence
- 18:58 Source: Diamondbacks acquire Steven Souza in three-team trade;...
- 18:43 With new elections near, US strains to curb Russia meddling
- 18:40 As number of Phoenix murders rise, solving rates drop
- 18:23 Kulkarni's teen drug arrest puts Fort Bend and Texas Democrats on edge
- 18:01 Scottsdale gold mine can be yours for $2.79 million
- 17:46 Animal Care and Control Department rescue stray puppies stuck...
- 17:42 Houston GOP campaign for Congress takes negative turn
- 16:36 Maricopa Community Colleges faculty in uproar over possible changes...