Yahoo stumbles again in 3Q, raising stakes on Verizon deal
SAN FRANCISCO — Yahoo stumbled through another rough patch in the third quarter, ramping up the pressure on the slumping internet company to complete its $4.8 billion sale to Verizon Communications.
The results released Tuesday represented Yahoo's first financial update since announcing in late July its deal to sell its digital operations to Verizon.
The numbers showed Yahoo is profiting from a cost-cutting program that has jettisoned 2,200 workers, or about one-fifth of its workforce, during the past year. The Sunnyvale, California, company earned $163 million, or 17 cents per share, more... read more
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap
- 11:11 NFL draft QB rankings: Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker...
- 08:39 Pella's Kirk Korver, brother of Cleveland Cavaliers' Kyle Korver,...