Yet another Harvey cost for Houston: skyscraper office space
Houston will begin footing the bill for the City Hall office space rendered unusable by Hurricane Harvey last fall.
Since Harvey, procurement workers from the City Hall basement -- and, since December, information technology staff booted from their ruined office space at the city's 611 Walker facility thanks to a malfunctioning sprinkler system -- have worked across Smith Street from City Hall at One Shell Plaza.
Shell gave the city 74,000 square feet of space for free after the storm through May 31, and is charging Houston $70,074 for June rent.
City Council on Wednesday will be asked to... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...