'You are crazy': Pope meets VW bus family
PHILADELPHIA — An Argentine family that drove more than 13,000 miles to see Pope Francis had a surprise meeting with the pontiff Sunday.
The six-month journey of the Walkers — Noel, Catire and their four children — got a big boost from a South Jersey mechanic last week after their 35-year-old Volkswagen bus broke down in Delaware. Steven Toughhill, who runs Die Werkstatt LLC in Hainesport, repaired the vintage vehicle for the pilgrims, waiving his fee.
The Walkers were invited to a private meeting with Francis in an unexpected phone call at 6 a.m. Sunday, according to an account on the... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike