'You are crazy': Pope meets VW bus family
PHILADELPHIA — An Argentine family that drove more than 13,000 miles to see Pope Francis had a surprise meeting with the pontiff Sunday.
The six-month journey of the Walkers — Noel, Catire and their four children — got a big boost from a South Jersey mechanic last week after their 35-year-old Volkswagen bus broke down in Delaware. Steven Toughhill, who runs Die Werkstatt LLC in Hainesport, repaired the vintage vehicle for the pilgrims, waiving his fee.
The Walkers were invited to a private meeting with Francis in an unexpected phone call at 6 a.m. Sunday, according to an account on the... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco